CHG Healthcare was named one of the 2017 Best Places to Work in IT by IDG’s Computerworld, ranking No. 9 in the midsize category and No. 5 in career development. This is the sixth straight year CHG has been included on Computerworld‘s list, which recognizes organizations that challenge their IT staff and provide great benefits and compensation.
"We’re excited to once again be named as one the Best Places to Work in IT," says Michael Peterson, senior vice president of information technology at CHG Healthcare. "We have the best people in the industry, and it’s important to us to create a work environment that they enjoy coming to each day. This award helps us stay connected to our culture and our goal of making CHG the best place to work."
CHG is committed to its core values and ensuring that all company decisions are made in the best interest of its people. The result is an atmosphere of caring, trust, and fun, and a place where employees not only enjoy coming to work, but feel free to be themselves and can grow their careers.
The company offers its people a number of unique benefits, including:
- Flexible schedules — CHG empowers leaders to create flexible work schedules with their employees to find an optimal balance of work and personal responsibilities. Alternate work schedules include flextime, job sharing, a compressed workweek, telecommuting, and regular part-time work.
- Free onsite health clinic — Employees and their families receive free healthcare, including primary care services, health coaching, and disease management, and employees do not need to use their PTO for appointments. The clinics also dispense nearly 40 medications at no cost, including antibiotics, antivirals, and starter packs for allergies.
- Volunteer time off — Each employee receives eight hours of paid time off to volunteer in the community. Last year, CHG employees used 6,600 hours of volunteer time off to serve in the community.
- Free onsite fitness centers — Employees have access to an onsite gym or can participate in free fitness classes, including yoga, kickboxing, dance fitness, and meditation.
- Employee network groups — Employees are welcome to use company resources to form clubs or groups based on their personal interests. More than 800 employees participate in a CHG network, ranging from a ham radio club to a Conquering Cancer group.
- Difference Maker award — Employees nominate peers who make a significant difference in their communities. Last year, four finalists and their guests joined the CEO on a company-sponsored service projectand safari in Kenya. This year, CHG will send six Difference Makers to Kenya for another company-sponsored humanitarian trip.
"The organizations on this year’s Best Places to Work in IT list excel at creating a dynamic and satisfying IT work environment," says Ken Mingis, executive editor of Computerworld. "In a competitive market for tech talent, these outstanding employers are able to attract highly skilled IT pros by offering great benefits, new learning opportunities, access to cutting-edge technologies and challenging, business-critical projects."
CHG Healthcare was recently named to Fortune magazine’s list of 100 Best Companies to Work For and recognized as a Best Workplace for Parents, Women, Millennials and Giving Back, as well as one of People magazine’s 50 Companies that Care.
Learn more about CHG’s people-centric culture at www.chgpulse.com.
About CHG Healthcare
Founded in 1979, CHG Healthcare is a leader in healthcare staffing and the nation’s largest provider of locum tenens services. Through its trusted brands — CompHealth, Weatherby Healthcare, RNnetwork, Foundation Medical Staffing and Global Medical Staffing — the company provides temporary and permanent placement of physicians, allied health professionals and nurses to healthcare facilities across America. CHG prides itself on having a values-driven culture that focuses on Putting People First. The company is known for its award-winning culture and benefits and has been named one of Fortune magazine’s "100 Best Companies to Work For" each of the past eight years. To learn more about CHG’s workplace culture, visit www.chghealthcare.com.
About the Best Places to Work in IT
The Best Places to Work in IT list is an annual ranking of the top 100 work environments for technology professionals by IDG’s Computerworld. The list is compiled based on a comprehensive questionnaire regarding company offerings in categories such as benefits, career development, training and retention. In addition, Computerworld conducts extensive surveys of IT workers, and their responses factor heavily in determining the rankings.
Computerworld from IDG is the leading technology media brand helping senior IT, business decision-makers and key influencers navigate change with effective business strategy. As the voice of business technology, Computerworld enables the IT value chain with unique editorial coverage from setting strategies to deriving value. Computerworld’s award-winning website (www.computerworld.com), focused conference series, strategic marketing solutions and research forms the hub of the world’s largest (40+ edition) global IT media network and provides opportunities for IT vendors to engage this audience. Computerworld leads the industry with an online audience of over 7.2 million monthly page views (Omniture, January 2016 ‚Äì March 2016 average) and was recognized in BtoB’s 2013 Media Power 50 list; recognition Computerworld has received for more than 5 consecutive years. Computerworld is published by IDG Enterprise, a subsidiary IDG. Company information is available at www.idgenterprise.com.