Our employee benefits are just as unique as CHG itself. From pet insurance and free onsite healthcare to a casual dress code and paid volunteer time off, our benefits program enhances all aspects of our peoples’ lives because we know their lives encompass more than just their jobs.
Here’s a snapshot of the many benefits we offer.
Employees working at least 20 hours per week are eligible to participate in our health insurance and benefits program. We also offer coverage to an employee’s spouse, dependents, or same- or opposite-sex domestic partner and their dependents.
In addition to dental and vision coverage, we offer two medical plan options — high and low. Both are competitive, preferred provider organization (PPO) plans that offer different advantages depending on the employee’s unique health and financial situation.
Because we care about the health and wellness of our people, we also offer a variety of non-traditional health benefits, including:
- Wellness Pays: Our Wellness Pays program lets employees earn a $720 discount on their health insurance premiums by completing specific wellness activities throughout the year, including health coaching, educational classes, and preventative exams with their primary care physicians.
- Onsite health clinic: The medical providers at our free onsite health centers are available to employees and their families for primary or acute (non-emergency) care, including lab work. The clinic also dispenses nearly 40 common medications at no cost, including antibiotics, ointments and creams for skin conditions, anti-virals during flu season, and starter packs for allergies and other conditions. Watch this video to learn more about this benefit.
- Onsite mental health services: Counselors in our Salt Lake City and Florida health clinics provide free counseling for depression, anxiety, substance abuse and alcohol problems, stress management, and other mental health concerns.
- Teladoc: Employees and their dependents have free access to Teladoc — a physician telephone consultation service available 24 hours, seven days a week. This network of board-certified primary care physicians is available to diagnose non-emergency medical problems, recommend treatment and, if necessary, prescribe medication. New this year, we now offer employees’ extended family members, including parents and grandparents, the use of the service for a $45 consult fee.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program is free to all employees and household family members and provides confidential assistance for legal, financial, and behavioral health issues, including five free face-to-face visits for behavioral health each year. It also provides resources and tools for adoption, senior care, child care, and pet care referrals and several free lifestyle management programs that provide wellness coaching by phone for weight management, tobacco cessation, and stress reduction.
- Health advocate: This free service assists employees with healthcare billing, insurance issues, and transparency reports, which provide cost-comparison details. There are also specialists available to help answer medical, dental, vision, and flexible spending account questions and issues.
- Onsite fitness: Many of our offices provide free onsite workout facilities and fitness classes, including yoga, kickboxing, dance fitness, and meditation.
- Life insurance and AD&D: Free life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment policies equal to one year’s base salary with the option to elect additional if desired.
Financial health is just as important as physical health. Here are a few of the financial benefits offered at CHG:
- Flexible Spending Accounts: We offer flexible spending accounts so employees can set aside pre-tax dollars for certain healthcare, dependent daycare, and commuter expenses.
- 401(k) program: To help our people save for the future, we off two types of 401(k) plans —Traditional and Roth. CHG also matches 50 percent of the first 6 percent of employee contributions to their 401(k) plan.
- Financial planning: Planning for retirement can be difficult, so we offer quarterly financial planning classes and access to one-on-one meetings with financial advisors.
- Auto and home insurance: Discounted group rates for auto, condo, mobile/motor home, renters, recreational vehicle, boat, and umbrella policies. Employees may choose to have their premiums payroll deducted for an additional discount.
- SmartDollar: CHG now offers Dave Ramsey’s SmartDollar personal finance program to all employees at no charge. The program offers a step-by-step approach to handling money and gives employees tools to get out of debt, stay on a budget, and save for retirement.
- Tuition reimbursement: CHG offers a comprehensive tuition reimbursement program to assist employees with the cost of higher education. Reimbursement amounts increase with tenure, from $1,000 per year for new employees up to $5,250 per year for tenured employees. In addition, employees are eligible for book reimbursement in relation to the courses they take and can request a tuition advancement.
CHG offers a variety of programs and benefits to make it easier for our people to find a healthy balance between their work and personal lives, including:
- Paid time off (PTO): We provide a range of PTO depending on tenure — from 14 days of paid time off for new hires to 26 days of paid time off for employees who have been with CHG for eight or more years. PTO can be used to cover sickness, vacation, and most other personal reasons. Unused PTO may be carried over from year-to-year up to a maximum of 160 hours. In addition to PTO, we offer 10 paid holidays, which includes two floating holidays employees can use at any time in the year.
- PTO sell-back: We encourage our people to take time away from the office to recharge and maintain a healthy work/life balance. However, we understand that some of them may not want to use all their PTO and would like money instead. Employees who have been with the company for at least a year at the beginning of the election period may sell back up to 80 hours of PTO at 50 percent of its value.
- Volunteer time off: CHG provides eight hours of paid volunteer time off (VTO) for employees to volunteer with nonprofit organizations and projects they’re passionate about, including schools, churches, or political organizations. In addition to personal VTO, we offer unlimited team VTO for teammates to make a difference together.
- Flexible schedules: We offer many different alternative work schedules, including flextime, job sharing, a compressed workweek, telecommuting and regular part-time work.
- Company-paid short-term and long-term disability: This benefit is 100 percent paid by CHG and is provided to all employees beginning on the first day of employment. Short-term disability provides up to 12 weeks of coverage once the leave has been approved. If an individual needs to remain on leave longer than 12 weeks, they are then eligible for long-term disability as well.
- Maternity leave: Once short-term disability pay is exhausted (typically five weeks for a normal delivery), CHG will provide three additional weeks of paid maternity leave at 100 percent of regular pay.
- Paternity and adoption leave: After taking five days of either PTO or unpaid leave, CHG will provide employees up to one week of paid leave for an approved paternity leave and five weeks for an approved adoption leave.
- Transitional return period: In an effort to ease our peoples’ return to work after approved maternity, paternity, or adoption leave, we offer a four-week transitional return period, where employees can work a reduced schedule.
Our Putting People First culture inspires us to go above and beyond when it comes to taking care of our people and ensuring they have what they need to live a healthy, happy life. So, it’s no wonder we offer a variety of unique programs as part of our benefits package. Here are just a few of them:
- Casual dress code: We promote a casual dress code to ensure our employees are free to express themselves. Our people may wear jeans, T-shirts, shorts, hats, and other clothing as long as it is appropriate for a work setting.
- Pet insurance: We offer pet insurance to help employees cover their pet’s medical expenses, including diagnostic tests, office visits, prescriptions, treatments, X-rays, lab fees, hospitalization, and surgeries.
- Identity theft and legal protection: LegalShield offers CHG employees an individual or family plan option to monitor checking and savings accounts for suspicious activity at a discounted company rate. In addition, their legal plan offers employees access to advice and counsel on an unlimited number of personal legal issues directly from a lawyer, including document preparation, IRS audit services, motor vehicle services, and trial defense services.
- PTO gifting: This program empowers employees to donate a portion of their accrued PTO to co-workers who need to take time off for a serious health condition, birth, adoption, or foster placement of a child, or to care for a spouse, domestic partner, child, or parent with a serious health condition.
- Employee Compassion Fund: Funded by employees for employees, this program provides tax-free financial grants to those facing financial hardship. Grants are processed and distributed anonymously through a third-party vendor.
Interested in joining our CHG family? Head over to our careers page to learn more about the job opportunities at CHG.